Dinner Meeting w/Special Speaker
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Old Great Wall Restaurant
4832 West Saginaw Highway, Lansing, MI
Mark your calendar for the MMAH Dinner Meeting to be held on Sunday, April 28, 2013. In keeping with the “Humanist” component of our organization, we feature educational programs at our monthly Dinner Meetings that cover a broad range of topics of interest to the membership.
The program this month will be a presentation by political activist Mr. Walt Sorg on “How Gerrymandering is Destroying Representative Democracy and what can be done about it.”
If you have been incensed over the blatant political shenanigans that have been going on in a number of states to disenfranchise voters through new voter registration laws and other unscrupulous tactics, you will want to attend this meeting to air your fury, and to learn what is being done about it.
Mr. Walt Sorg has been working over the months to place a constitutional amendment on the 2014 ballot to institute a non-partisan plan for apportioning legislative and congressional districts.
Highlights of Walt’s diverse experiences include the following:
• Contributing writer and columnist, Lansing City Pulse
• Sample articles by Walt: http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/lansing/by-author-433-1.html
• Assistant Executive Director (Media) for the State Bar of Michigan
• Primary media spokesperson for Michigan Department of Commerce
• Press Secretary to the Speaker of the House of Representatives
• Founder/CEO of private communications consulting company
• News/talk producer and host on WILS-AM and TalkLansing.net
• Award-winning broadcast journalist for radio/television stations in Detroit and Lansing including CBS TV-Detroit; CBS TV-Lansing; NBC TV-Lansing; CKLW, WXYZ, WCAR (all Detroit)
Dinner and Socializing will be from 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM.
Presentation will start at 6:30 PM.
Old Great Wall Restaurant (Private Banquet Room)
4832 W. Saginaw Hwy.
Lansing, Michigan 48917
Click on http://maps.google.co… interactive map. (Not to be confused with the World Buffet Restaurant on the same strip mall, located west of Mall Drive that runs N-S between the 2 restaurants)
• Buffet $9.65 incl. tax (beverage extra except for hot tea)
• Order individual entrée from the menu
RSVP appreciated by email and/or on our Meetup website http://atheists.meetup.com/453 to provide an approximate headcount.
Join us for another evening of discussion and fun, and get acquainted with new members who have joined us in recent months.
Jim Hong, Director
Mid-Michigan Atheists and Humanists
American Atheists Affiliate
“An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated.”
…….Madalyn Murray O’Hair